Monday, January 19, 2015

Motivation


"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty."  - Lao Tzu


 This is one of my favorite Lao Tzu quotes. I try to apply this message not only in my running but in life as well.  I like to think I am pretty self motivated, but there are times when I have to revert back to Lao Tzu or other inspiration/motivational quotes I have gathered over the years.

How do you get motivated? What is your favorite quote, phrase or expression that gets you fired up and out the door for a run?

Another all time favorite!


Two runs completed this morning, both with clients. I went with one of my quick go to breakfasts:





3/4 Cup Water (or almond milk)
1/4 Cup McCann's Quick and Easy Irish Oatmeal
Bring water to boil and add Oatmeal. Bring heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and stir in:
1 Tbsp of Almond Butter
Top with fresh berries

No comments:

Post a Comment