Saturday, January 24, 2015

Fellowship of the Idiots Run

My friend and State RRCA rep Peter puts on the "Fellowship of the Idiots" run each year in January. People use it as a last long run before the Myrtle Beach Marathon in the second week of February. I was using it this year as a tune up for the Uwharrie Mountain 40 miler. The run is 19.7 miles, starting at the YMCA in Albemarle, NC and going to the summit of Morrow Mountain, then back again. The delightfully early start time of 5:30am is a nice touch!

This morning it was rainy and 35 degrees, which felt balmy compared to last year's temp of 15 at the start!

At the start with Steve and Amy!

At the summit!
On the way back
  I was happy with this years performance. I ran a lot more on the way back than I did last year, and did not feel too fatigued. The 2.5 hour car ride home was a little tough on the legs, but I stopped twice to stretch out.



My coveted sweatshirt from last year, when I was a "first time" Idiot!

No comments:

Post a Comment