Saturday, May 14, 2011

Feelin' Lucky

After seeing favorable results from my 2 mile "test" run yesterday, I decided to give the knee a "Trail Test" today. What better day to throw caution to the wind than Friday the 13th??? Now, mind you, I was still operating the knee in "safe" mode, so it was going to be nice and easy.

Spring is officially here in NC, and along with it, the God forsaken humidity. I had with me my faithful trail running partner, Hannah, and we were barely several hundred yards into the Peninsula Trail at Harris Lake when we saw our first snake of the season!  Much wildlife on the trail today. One snake, one deer, three turtles and several HUGE Blue Herons!

I am happy to report that there were no problems with the knee, and we wound up doing five easy miles.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment