Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Boxing Day Madness

Yesterday I celebrated Boxing day in style by attending my friend Jimbo's  Boxing Day Madness Fat Ass Run in Sanford, NC.  It was a little chilly at the start, but turned out to be a perfect weather day for running! The course was a one mile loop, and you could run as much as you wanted for six hours. With breaks for food and drink (and potty) included, I got in 26 miles.

The turnout was great, and I got to see many of my ultra friends! I ran most of the way with my friend Amy, who I don't get to run with much, so that was an added bonus.
 
Many thanks to Jimbo for a great event! I hope it becomes a Boxing Day tradition!  You can find more pics here:

1 comment:

  1. Great distance. Nice way to celebrate the boxing day. Regards.

    ReplyDelete