Friday, July 8, 2011

Getting Ready to Rumble

Today is a rest/travel/organization day before the half tomorrow. Even though the race is only two hours away, at this point in my life I do not feel like getting in a car and driving two hours and THEN run. So I will seek comfort at the Days Inn in Biscoe, NC, about seven miles from the Trailhead.
  I have a feeling the "Continental" breakfast will not be too vegan friendly (nor the local restaurants) so as usual I will be bringing my own nutrition. (and some other essentials!)
 
I'm sure, now that there is a Subway in every town in America, we can always opt for the foot long veggie sub on whole wheat.
The Nathan pack, extra socks and some motivational reading too!

  Chores around the house are completed, and I was able to mow the lawn in between thunderstorms yesterday as well. It has rained rather heavily the past several days, so it should be interesting to see what shape the trail is in. We will get into town around 3pm, so I plan on going out to the trailhead and take a quick walk through to check things out. Parts of the trail are pretty tough, so I hope to get through without being too slow!
Since all the rain has done NOTHING to ease the high temps/humidity, I will be hydrating all day and have the Nathan filled to the top tomorrow. One last cup of coffee before I start hitting the H20!

That's all for now, Have a great weekend!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment