Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Feast of Friends

Ran the "Quay 5K" this morning, which is held in my hometown of Fuquay Varina, NC. It is nice not to have to travel to an event, and the 8:30am start meant I could sleep in for a bit. It was also great to see a lot of my running friends and folks from my gym out there at the start line!
 My friend Ian picked up his race packet this morning and discovered his bib number was 666! How rock n' roll!!
It was also nice to see a large number of kids in the race as well. There was over 700 folks running this morning, not bad for a small town race.
I had run the course a few times beforehand, so I knew what to expect. A nice mix of hills and flats, with a couple of deceiving "false flats" in there to keep us honest! I was figuring on running it around 26-27 mins, depending on if the oppressive heat would still be with us on race day. I was psyched to wake up to relatively cooler temps this morning, and ran it in 25:26. Not a PR, but I will take it.
Now I will be heading back to the trails, and try to decide which race to enter next.
Heading to the finish..........

Hangin' with friends post race.

No comments:

Post a Comment