Thursday, February 25, 2016

Fitting it all in and Focusing on the Tasc at Hand!



Being a coach, fitness instructor AND trying to keep up with my own training can be a challenge at times. Careful planning and preparation can mean the difference between getting a workout in and easily rationalizing to yourself that you are “too busy”. Laying out my gear the night before and always keeping a complete set of Tasc workout gear always ensures that I have no excuse to not get that run in!

Getting the week of to a good start always puts me in a good mood and gets me motivated for the week. Here is my typical Monday schedule:
6am: Run with my client, who is training for a full Ironman.
7am: Strength Training with a group of my runners.
9:30am: Teach Boot Camp class.
11:30am: Arrive at Meredith College to begin track practices .
12pm: Training with our Shot Put athlete.
1pm: Coach and I get our lifting in!
2pm: Practice with Sprinters.
3pm: Practice with Mid distance and distance athletes.
5pm: Leave Meredith, get home at 6pm, eat dinner and prep for Tuesday, which starts with a client run at 7am!


I try to run with my clients as often as possible, which is a great way to fit my workout in! I will also join my distance runners on the track team if they are going out on a recovery run that day. Many times I am going from one client to another or heading right to practice after a lifting session on campus, so having my comfortable, odor free Tasc Performance gear with me is a huge advantage!
Coaching life can be hectic at times, but I would not trade it for the world! Be prepared, stay motivated and get that run or workout in!

Track Team selfie!

No comments:

Post a Comment