Sunday, February 28, 2016

A few new favorites and a busy weekend behind me!



After a long week with less than desirable weather for both running and holding practice, we took the Meredith Track team out on Friday night for some fun bonding time at the local bowling alley!

I was also excited for the weekend as I had some new things to test out. Saturday morning I taught boot camp at 8am and spin class at 9am. Right after that, I met up with my friend Mika, who I had not ran with in forever, for a nice 7 mile run. My friends at Generation UCAN had sent me some samples of their new flavor, Cocoa Delite, and I mixed some up and drank it on the drive over to meet Mika for the run.
Another great flavor! I really like the taste of the Cocoa. You can check them out at www.generationucan.com

After our 7 miler, I had to stop by Meredith and catch up on a bit of paperwork. As luck would have it, the fitness center was open so I got a quick lifting session in before leaving!

I had gotten home late Friday, but was happy to see that my box of Tasc performance wear had arrived and was sitting on the front porch for me!

I love their gear!!

Their fabric is a mix of bamboo and organic cotton and is really comfortable and odor resistant! https://www.tascperformance.com/

Sunday morning I did my usual thing of getting up early, making coffee and sending out weekly training schedules to my runners. If you like strong coffee, and I mean STRONG coffee, check out Death Wish Coffee. They are from a small town in upstate New York called Round Lake, where my sister lives!


I had a group run at noon with the Jimmy V Foundation's Team V and I was eager to run since the weather was going to be beautiful! I was also eager to test out my new Brooks Launch 2's that I had purchased from Omega Sports on Saturday. I was in dire need of new road shoes. I had been running in Mizuno Wave Rider 17 and 18's, but they had quite a few miles on them. I had ran in Brooks before, so it was nice to check them out again!

I ran a little over four miles in them. They are super light and very responsive! Can't wait to get more miles in with them.

Some of My Team V peeps!

After the group run I sped off to the gym to teach 2pm spin class. I had a good crowd and they worked hard. 3 new people in class too!

A man and his spin bike.....

Another busy week coming up as we prepare The Meredith College Track team for their first outdoor meet of the season on Saturday March 5th at Berry College in Rome, Georgia!


No comments:

Post a Comment