Friday, January 6, 2012

The gift that keeps on giving

I had a couple of unexpected days off due to a rather nasty stomach virus, compliments of my lovely daughters. I wanted to begin tapering for Weymouth Woods 100K, but two days of Brian Wilson style bed rest was a bit more than I had planned for.
    So now that I am once again enjoying solid food, I will attempt to run 11 miles tomorrow. The NCRC is having a "soup" run along the Loblolly Trail at Umstead State Park, so why not jump right back into some nice single track trail running? We shall see how how it goes........

My spirits were also raised by a package that arrived in the mail for me today:
A nice shiny new pair of Micro-spikes,fresh from my friends at Mountain Gear.  Bring on the Ice and Snow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are some serious looking spikes! How are they? I have two pairs of yaktraks that have seen better days (and saw a lot of time in the garage not getting used when I was fat) and I may be in the market for something new within a year or so (if we ever get out of the 40's here in PA).

    ReplyDelete